Ausmed Education Pty Ltd (ABN 33 107 354 441) (Ausmed, we or us) is an Australian proprietary company registered in Victoria, Australia. Our offices are located at 121 Arden Street, North Melbourne, Victoria 3051, Australia.
Our pledge to your privacy
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The Australian Privacy Principles are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. The Australian Privacy Principles regulate the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed by us. You can obtain more information about the Australian Privacy Principles from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Use of the Websites is governed by our Website Terms and Conditions We invite you to also read our Website Terms and Conditions, which you can access by clicking here or which you can obtain by contacting Ausmed directly.
1/. What is personal information?
Personal information is generally information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
The type of personally identifiable information we collect from you or third parties, may include:
- visual images;
- contact details including your email address, mailing or street address and phone number;
- credit card or account information;
- professional information including, but not limited to, designation, registration status, endorsements and current employer;
- demographic information;
- preferences and opinions;
- information you provide to us through surveys, participation in our research or online forms;
- details of services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and our response;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Websites, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
2/. What non-identifiable information do we collect?
The type of personally non-identifiable information and information obtained from third parties we collect may include:
- IP address;
- cookie information (see item 10/. below for more detail);
- log files;
- domain names; and
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour. This is collected to enable us to better serve your needs.
3/. Sensitive information
Some of the information we collect may be ‘sensitive information’, including information or an opinion about, racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union that is also personal information, among other things.
We may only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are directly related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act (eg where required or authorised by law to be disclosed, or where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety).
4/. Use of personal information
Personal information is collected for a range of reasons across our Websites. This may include registering for an educational event, subscribing to and using Ausmed App and commenting on our blogpost. We collect and use the information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Websites and any associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to provide services or products to you;
- to process payments and orders;
- to verify identity and payment;
- to administer accounts;
- to assist us to improve our Websites associated social media platforms and product or service;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- for analytics, market research, business development;
- to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour;
- to run competitions and offer additional benefits to you including informing you of upcoming services and newly-released products;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send promotional information about our services or products and information about third parties we consider may be of interest to you.
5/. Disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
- persons authorised by you in writing to receive information held by us or identified by us at the time the information is requested from you;
- external service providers that provide services to us;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activities where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your internet service provider or network administrator;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
6/. Ausmed App
All information documented along with any attached files that relate to your personal use of the Ausmed App is private. This private information is not viewed for any purpose except to fix technological issues that may arise from time to time. In order to improve the functionality of the Ausmed App, big data (which refers to many people’s inputs into the Ausmed App) may be statistically analysed for patterns of use and behaviours. Big data is always analysed in a de-identified format which ensures there is no breach of personal privacy.
We do not sell any part of your personal information for use by other service providers.
7/. Third party service providers and links to other websites
However, we do engage Google and other third party providers to assist with analytics in relation to the Websites (for example, tracking and reporting to Ausmed traffic to the Websites, and how users engage with the Websites).
We also engage third party service providers for storage of data via cloud storage.
8/. How do we protect your personal information?
Ausmed takes reasonable measures (physical, organisational, managerial and technological) to safeguard against unauthorised access of your personal information, to safely store your personal information and to protect your personal information from modification or disclosure.
Some of the measures we take are:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure;
- having in place and regularly reviewing our internal policies and procedures specifically related to use of personal information and data;
- providing regular education to our staff in regard to privacy; and,
- ensuring our staff contracts include appropriate confidentiality restrictions.
Due to the nature of our service we may be required to store the details of your credit card. Ausmed works to protect the security of your credit card information when processing payments. We do this by using SSL encryption software. We encourage all users and subscribers of our services to protect themselves against unauthorised access to their account and to keep their login details confidential. We recommend that you log out when you have finished using our Websites.
9/. Log Files
When you visit the Websites we automatically log information about your computer, such as the IP address, browser type and access times. We utilise this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of how people use our Websites. This data helps us to determine what content our subscribers find most appealing so that we can maximize your enjoyment of our Websites.
Users who do not register or log in as subscribers may browse the Websites without providing any personally identifiable information. However, users’ non-personally identifiable information may nevertheless be tracked for the purposes outlined above.
10/. Cookies and web beacons
Cookies are small text files that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your Internet-accessing device. A cookie may be created when you visit us. We may use either or both permanent cookies and session cookies. The permanent cookie stores a random number on your computer to help us count the number of times you return to our Websites. The session cookie lets us know which pages within our Websites you visit. Permanent cookies do not expire when you leave our Websites and may be used on subsequent visits to the Websites. Session cookies expire when you leave our Websites or switch off your computer.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature, should you so wish. Please be aware that depending on which cookies you block, the Websites may stop working or you may not be able to fully access all features and / or the features may not work correctly.
We may use web beacons on our Websites from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit the page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics and other third parties to collect and process data.
11/. How can you control the collection, disclosure and use of your personal information?
12/. How can you make a complaint about Ausmed’s collection, disclosure and use of your personal information?
You are also entitled to bring a complaint through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
13/. How can you update and access your personal information?
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us. We rely upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Use of our products, services and Websites may require you to create an account. After creating an “Ausmed” account you may correct or update your personal information by clicking on the ‘Log In (sign in)’ link found on the Websites. The changes you make will be reflected in our databases instantly. If you wish to deactivate your account or if you think we hold other information about you not accessible via logging in, please contact our office from the contact information available on the ‘contact us’ page of our Websites.
14/. Choice and Consent
15/. Your provision of third party information
If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this information.
16./ How does Ausmed communicate with you?
From time to time we may send out email messages alerting you that products and services are available, to remind you to provide feedback, to provide feedback to you or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us: 1) if you contact us for a particular reason; 2) to receive your orders; or 3) should we need to contact you for administrative purposes, such as winning a contest or participating in research which you have agreed to. Ausmed’s emails may also contain promotional materials from Ausmed.
17/. How can you opt out of Ausmed emails?
18/. Do we disclose your personal information to overseas recipients?
As a general rule, Ausmed does not use or disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. However, Ausmed may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for the purposes of providing services or products to you.
19/. When do we delete your personal information?
We retain your personal information until you request us to delete it. Once it is deleted, we remove it from our files completely.
If you do not request for us to delete your personal information, but we decide that we no longer require it and we are not legally required to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information.
20/. Your feedback is always welcome
Ausmed Education Pty Ltd (ABN 33 107 354 441)
121 Arden St
North Melbourne, VIC, 3051
Phone: +61 (03) 9326 8101
Fax: +61 (03) 9326 8179
This document was last updated on 17 May 2017.
© 2017 Ausmed Education Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.