About this Topic
The ability to recognise the interpret even the most subtle clinical cues and then implement appropriate, evidence-based interventions in a timely manner has a significant positive impact on patient outcomes.
While well-designed systems can enable detection, the early identification of deterioration demands competent, knowledgeable and confident individual clinicians.
Ensure your staff are able to identify, act and document clinical deterioration. This in-service can be structured to review key assessment principles or focus on particular causes of deterioration.
Ausmed Will Organise
Earn 6+ Hours of CPD
Choose to Cover
Ausmed will work with you to design an education/training session that is based on your specific needs. As part of a clinical deterioration session, you can choose to cover one or more of the following topics:
- Essential physical assessment skills
- Strengthening systems to communicate
- Neurological deterioration
- Cardiac deterioration
- Recognising respiratory deterioration
- Fluid and electrolyte balance changes
- Recognising renal impairment
- Sepsis and significance of early recognition
Or, create a custom education session!